Weddings are a big part of the social scene in Ghana. Happy moments witnessing two people become one. The reception party is usually done in a grand auditorium or hall with the formal dress code. We tend to extend that dress code into other venues, such as a garden wedding reception.
In this blog post I give you quick pointers on how to dress adequately for those casual wedding ceremonies or garden events.
1. Stay light. Choose softer colours giving you that easy breezy appearance.
2. It is okay to wear well-tailored pants, jumpsuits or light fabric jackets. Try solid cotton, light weight fabric such as chiffon, silk, and crepe.
3. Keep the sparkle, bling and sequin fabric in the ballroom!
4. Pencil heels might be a nightmare in grass. I wear flat sandals under maxi dresses or opt for block heels.
5. Volume skirts, dresses or skirt lengths going politely above the knee is a good idea.
When I picked up my dress, Sandi, the creative director of Diva Delicious, schooled me about this gorgeous fabric my batik dress was made from.
The word batik is derived from the word, ‘ambatik’ which translated means ‘a cloth’ with little dots’. The suffix ‘tik’ means little dot, drop, point or to make dots, similar to the tie-dye but still quite different.
Thank you for stopping by!
dress | DIVA DELICIOUS
bag | MYTH HOUSE
necklace | ORNÉ
shoes | ZARA
Photography | FOTODEPO GHANA
Body Positive fashion and lifestyle blogger.